Episode 18: WitGlass Smorgasbord
In this episode, I discuss headlines touching political and technology topics. I start with a reference to ABC’s Designated Survivor, when President a character compliments President Kirkman on his rhetorical skills and another character responds, “That’s because he means it.” That is the essence of this episode’s theme: Say what you mean and mean what you say. Unfortunately, we can’t trust mainstream media of any stripe to do that, and we certainly can’t trust the overwhelming majority of our politicians to do that. Insincere bluster is the name of the game in national American politics. But it isn’t just in politics; the insincere bluster related to technology “reporting” is just as bad. Enjoy!
- Trouble with Show Notes in iTunes: Troubleshooting in progress
- Designated Survivor, Season 1, Episode 15: “One Hundred Days”
- “Andrew Napolitano: Trump’s seven days in May”
- “Trump isn’t a toddler—he’s a product of America’s culture of impunity for the rich”
- Net Neutrality (Incomplete List of Headlines Referenced)
- Music: Lex Land’s Album Were My Sweetheart to Go . . .
Apps and Services
The apps and services listed here are the ones that I actually use in developing and maintaining the website and podcast. If you see it listed here, I love it. I don’t keep using any app or service I don’t love. Every app and every service has limitations—some more annoying or frustrating than others. But if it’s on this list, you can be sure that on the whole, I love it.