#36: Summer Education Goals
In this episode, I discuss some guidelines for creating good-tasting coffee. Then I discuss important principles for planning summer education initiatives for our children. I also discuss the importance of getting out of the way of our children/students when they are striving to learn.
- 1:00 - Today’s Coffee Talk
- 9:00 - Today’s Topic: Education
- 9:00 - Summer Studies
- 10:00 - The perpetuity of education
- 12:00 - The value of school breaks
- 17:00 - The value of fun in education, especially during the summer break from school
- 19:00 - Hard-copy books vs. e-books (I use iBooks)
- 21:00 - The love of learning
- 23:00 - Getting out of the students’ way
- 27:00 - Too many teachers want to look smart
- Remember to share WitGlass Unfiltered with your friends, family, coworkers—even your enemies!
Apps and Services
The apps and services listed here are the ones that I actually use in developing and maintaining the website and podcast. If you see it listed here, I love it. I don’t keep using any app or service I don’t love. Every app and every service has limitations—some more annoying or frustrating than others. But if it’s on this list, you can be sure that on the whole, I love it.