Today’s ShowNotes brought to you by Podcast Websites.
Everything you need to create, grow, and monetize your podcast. Simple, powerful, and scalable. Grow your own online platform, with your own voice, on your own terms. Click here and use Promo Code “HOSTME” when you sign up.
#38: For the Love of Reading
In this episode, I return to education to talk about the failure of schools to teach students to read beyond the basic skill of reading individual words. There is so much more that students could do with their reading, if schools would continue teaching their students advance reading techniques. If schools did, students would enjoy school—and more importantly, learning—and they would get so much more out of the experience. That’s what this episode is about.
- 1:00 - Today’s Coffee Talk
- 2:00 - Fresh ground beans are essential for good coffee
- 5:00 - My thoughts on French Roast coffee
- 7:00 - Education
- Previous WitGlass Unfiltered episode on education and summer programs: #36 — “Summer Education Goals” (iTunes Podcast Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/witglass-unfiltered/id1230255072?mt=2&i=1000388988920
- 10:00 - Read faster and better
- 11:00 - Reading efficiency and effectiveness
- 12:00 - Focus is why reading faster is effective
- 15:00 - The problem is that it isn’t taught
- 16:00 - Horrible reading assignments that make reading dull and painful
- 17:00 - Teach them to love reading
- 20:00 - Book Links
Apps and Services
The apps and services listed here are the ones that I actually use in developing and maintaining the website and podcast. If you see it listed here, I love it. I don’t keep using any app or service I don’t love. Every app and every service has limitations—some more annoying or frustrating than others. But if it’s on this list, you can be sure that on the whole, I love it.