Today’s ShowNotes brought to you by Podcast Websites.
Everything you need to create, grow, and monetize your podcast. Simple, powerful, and scalable. Grow your own online platform, with your own voice, on your own terms. Click here and use Promo Code “HOSTME” when you sign up.
#39: Civilized Discourse in Our Local Neighborhoods [At the beginning of the episode, I call it “Episode 38.” My mistake; ignore that.]
In this brief episode, I discuss civilized discourse further, drawing attention to the importance of focusing our attention on local conversations, but also of treating others online with the same courtesy we would treat them if they were in our living room.
- 1:00 - Today’s Coffee Talk
- Fresh Grounds
- Fresh, filtered water
- 6:00 - Civilized Discourse Among Friends
- 9:00 - Avoiding Jackassery in Personal Interactions
- 13:00 - The Conversations That Really Matter are the Local Conversations
- 15:00 - Avoiding Jackassery on Twitter
- 16:00 - Willfully Misrepresenting Someone is More Rude than Calling Them Names
- 17:00 - Good Guys and Guts
- 18:00 - My Proposal about Twitter Convos
Apps and Services
The apps and services listed here are the ones that I actually use in developing and maintaining the website and podcast. If you see it listed here, I love it. I don’t keep using any app or service I don’t love. Every app and every service has limitations—some more annoying or frustrating than others. But if it’s on this list, you can be sure that on the whole, I love it.