Today’s ShowNotes brought to you by Podcast Websites.
Everything you need to create, grow, and monetize your podcast. Simple, powerful, and scalable. Grow your own online platform, with your own voice, on your own terms. Click here and use Promo Code “HOSTME” when you sign up.
#63: Back-to-School Musings 2017
In this episode, in honor of the start of the 2017-2018 school year, I discuss some basic education principles. I read from Leftism: From de Sade and Marx to Hitler and Marcuse. I also read from The Art of Thinking. I reference The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. And fundamentally I defend rationality and rational discussion, which begins with truth and honesty.
- 0:00 - Today’s Coffee Talk
- 4:00 - Today’s Topic: Back-to-School Musings
- Defending Rationality
- Erik von Kuehnelt-Leddihn, Leftism: From de Sade and Marx to Hitler and Marcuse.
- David Gordon’s Review: Leftism: From de Sade and Marx to Hitler and Pol Pot
- Link to Free Copy of Leftism ebook: https://www.mises.org/library/leftism-de-sade-and-marx-hitler-and-marcuse
- No Rational Discussion without Honesty
- Essential Reading
- Steven Covey, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Reading the best books
- Ernest Dimnet, The Art of Thinking
- Thinking Clearly
- Nobody Thinks Perfectly
- Even Evil People will say Things You agree With
- Free, Liberated Thinking
Apps and Services
The apps and services listed here are the ones that I actually use in developing and maintaining the website and podcast. If you see it listed here, I love it. I don’t keep using any app or service I don’t love. Every app and every service has limitations—some more annoying or frustrating than others. But if it’s on this list, you can be sure that on the whole, I love it.