Today’s ShowNotes brought to you by Podcast Websites.
Everything you need to create, grow, and monetize your podcast. Simple, powerful, and scalable. Grow your own online platform, with your own voice, on your own terms. Click here and use Promo Code “HOSTME” when you sign up.
#77: More iPhone X and Apple Chipset Thoughts
Apple hosted a big event on Tuesday. Have I mentioned that? I offered some initial, visceral responses to the event and the devices it announced. In this episode, I continue the discussion, adding more measured responses to the visceral ones already offered. I discuss the top-notch on the face of the iPhone X, the advanced power of the new A11 Bionic chipset, and John Gruber’s thoughtful piece on Apple’s iPhone event.
- 1:00 - Today’s Coffee Talk
- Trader Joe’s Lys Kaffe Light Roast Coffee
- French Press
- Hot Water
- Steep times
- 13:00 - Today’s Topic
- Beautiful New Design of iPhone 8 and iPhone X
- Aluminum Band iPhone 8 vs. Stainless Steel Band iPhone X
- John Gruber, “Thoughts and Observations on the Products Announced at This Week’s iPhone X Introductory Event”
- iPhone X Naming Convention
- The Hideous-looking Topnotch
- Will It Keep Me from Buying an iPhone X?
- Reserving Judgment
- A11 Bionic Benchmarks
- Apple Needs to Use Their Own Chips in MacBooks
Apps and Services
The apps and services listed here are the ones that I actually use in developing and maintaining the website and podcast. If you see it listed here, I love it. I don’t keep using any app or service I don’t love. Every app and every service has limitations—some more annoying or frustrating than others. But if it’s on this list, you can be sure that on the whole, I love it.