Today’s ShowNotes brought to you by Podcast Websites.
Everything you need to create, grow, and monetize your podcast. Simple, powerful, and scalable. Grow your own online platform, with your own voice, on your own terms. Click here and use Promo Code “HOSTME” when you sign up.
#71: Two Movies, Two TV Shows, and Fifteen Songs
In this episode, I discuss coffee grinder settings, French roast coffee, and Trader Joe’s Guatemalan Extra Dark Roast. I also discuss You’ve Got Mail, Notting Hill, How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, and the power of song in building the emotion of a scene.
- Today’s Coffee Talk
- French Roast
- Trader Joe’s Guatemalan Extra Dark Roast
- Coffee Grinder Fine-Coarse Grind Settings Scale
- Music and Movies
- You’ve Got Mail
- Cranberries, “Dreams”
- Bobby Darin, “Splish, Splash”
- Louis Armstrong, “The Dummy Song”
- Harry Nilsson, “Remember”
- Roy Orbison, “Dream”
- Randy Newman, “Lonely at the Top”
- Stevie Wonder, “Signed, Sealed, Delivered”
- Sinead O’Connor, “I Guess the Lord Must be in New York City”
- Harry Nilsson, “Over the Rainbow”
- Billy Williams, “I’m Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter”
- Jimmy Durante, “You Made Me Love You”
- Notting Hill
- Elvis Costello, “She”
- Bill Withers, “Ain’t No Sunshine”
- Al Green, “How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?”
- How I Met Your Mother
- Season 4, Episode 24
- A. C. Newmann, “Prophets”
- New Girl
- You’ve Got Mail
Apps and Services
The apps and services listed here are the ones that I actually use in developing and maintaining the website and podcast. If you see it listed here, I love it. I don’t keep using any app or service I don’t love. Every app and every service has limitations—some more annoying or frustrating than others. But if it’s on this list, you can be sure that on the whole, I love it.